Virginia Tech’s Translational Biology, Medicine, and Health program is a research-intensive, multidisciplinary program in the biomedical and health sciences that emphasizes the concept of translational science. It brings together students from the life, behavioral, physical, engineering, and computational sciences to consider today’s major health challenges.
Through an innovative, interdisciplinary curriculum that is carefully designed to balance breadth and depth, this program will prepare the next generation of scientific leaders to make and translate discoveries into preventions, diagnostics, treatments, cures and healthier behaviors.
Our program features:
- One degree-granting program, with six research focus areas
- Faculty from across the university
- A unique Gateway course that brings together students from diverse backgrounds
- First year students engage in three research rotations before selecting a thesis mentor
- Emphasis on individual professional development
- Competitive support for doctoral students