Translational Biology, Medicine and Health
Virginia Tech’s Translational Biology, Medicine, and Health program is a research-intensive, multidisciplinary program in the biomedical and health sciences that emphasizes the concept of translational science. It brings together students from the life, behavioral, physical, engineering, and computational sciences to consider today’s major health challenges.
Through an innovative interdisciplinary curriculum that is carefully designed to balance breadth and depth, this program will prepare the next generation of scientific leaders to make and translate discoveries into preventions, diagnostics, treatments, cures and healthier behaviors.
- One degree-granting program, with six focus areas
- Includes faculty from across the university
- Brings together students from diverse backgrounds into one unique Gateway course
- Students engage in three research rotations in their first year, before selecting a thesis mentor
- Emphasis on individual professional development
- Competitive support for doctoral students
This site is currently under construction. As we update, if you cannot find information you are looking for, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.